Problems trying to convert imported CAD Drawing (DXF/DWG) file in Visio 2016

Started by domerdel, October 09, 2017, 02:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domerdel

Working with a drafting tech who sent me their AutoCAD file, in several versions (as old as 2010 for dwg or dxf). I was able to import the drawing, select all, right click and review the convert option. After about 45-60 seconds, it still looks like the same CAD file. So, I save it, close it, and then re-open the file... i'm met with a big white box with an X over it, as if the drawing was not embedded, and the link to the source was broken.

I start over, and before I save the file, I try to select all objects after the attempted conversion, and then "ungroup" it... my entire drawing disappears. I do a quick "Undo" and I'm met with the white box with an X instead of my drawing. The draft tech is not familiar with Visio, so it's hard to tell him what I want as I am not familiar with AutoCAD.

if anyone can convert this drawing into editable shapes, I will be forever grateful.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-CBkFu--RIRazU3Zl91M1BSa2M/view?usp=sharing

Yacine

I had some spare time.
Importing the DXF directly into V2013 did not work. After some trials, I imported it into solidworks 2013 and exported again as DWG.
An import of this DWG in Visio 2013 was possible, but it was one big group. ungrouping cut everything apart (abt 70T shapes) - even the texts where dismantled to single lines.
If you send me an eMail address I can send you both the DWG and the VSD.
Not sure however if you can really work with them.

Rgds,
Y.
Yacine

domerdel