Button to hide all Shapes with a special Property set?

Started by VisDom, October 04, 2017, 07:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VisDom

Hi all.

I have a process+systems chart with two swimlanes: 1-process and 2-systems. I want to create a button to hide the systems lane and the system shapes. Every shape has a Data-field "isLayer" with values {process, system} - so rather process or a system. I want my Button to hide all shapes with the proerty "isLayer" = System.

I  have basically two problems:
1) How to iterrate through all shapes of my Page
2) How to set them invisible according to the Property-Value

VisDom

Surrogate

Quote from: VisDom on October 04, 2017, 07:46:51 AM1) How to iterrate through all shapes of my Page
2) How to set them invisible according to the Property-Value
i think you dont need do iterrate all shapes (if all you shapes have property 'isLayer').
You can add special cell in shapesheet which change shape's layer depends its  'isLayer" property's value.
In this thread i describe solution for case with many layers on page

VisDom

Hi Surrogate,

I am not sure I understand your answer correctly. I want to use a Button to hide all shapes in the "system" swimlane. Does your solution work with a button?

Every shape has an attribute with a value "process" (stands for process shape) or "system" (stands for system shape)

VisDom

Surrogate

Quote from: VisDom on October 04, 2017, 08:43:07 AMI am not sure I understand your answer correctly. I want to use a Button to hide all shapes in the "system" swimlane. Does your solution work with a button?
No, my solution haven't button !

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro