Connector Lines Being Removed

Started by chernandez32934, October 03, 2017, 09:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chernandez32934

I'm sure there's an easy fix for this, but I cannot seem to figure it out. I've created an org chart in Visio with, of course, connector lines between the various positions. When I add a connector line from the ED to the next line  of Sr. Executives, it removes the lines from the Sr. Executives to their staff members. You'll see on the attachment there are connector lines between the Sr. Execs and their staff, but when I add them from the ED to the Sr. Execs, the existing lines disappear.

Thanks!

wapperdude

Two things:

1) Does the PDF have proprietary info...as in should this be made public?
2) The PDF only has one page, so, can't see a before after.
3) Uploading a the Visio file would ultimately be easiest to diagnose...even a reduced version...with ficticious names

But the only thing that comes to mind is that Visio is picky about a sub-ordinate only having 1 boss.  Could you have created a situation that Visio would think the Sr Execs have 2 bosses?  If that's the case, then the newest "boss" line will take precedence and erase the older "boss" line.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

chernandez32934

Thank you. There's no proprietary information on the org chart. We're a non-profit agency so everything is public record. I most likely did as you suggested and created a situation where Visio thinks there should only be one boss. Is there any way to fix it, or do I need to start over?

wapperdude

That is a  problem with Visio org chart.  A work around is to use the line tool for the lesser significant connection.  I believe  there is also a dotted connector on the stencil.  But both approaches give problems with  the Org chart report wizard if I recall correctly.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro