How to Apply Fill Scale?

Started by iev60047, October 19, 2017, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iev60047

Hey All,

New to Visio, so unsure how to trouble shoot the following hatch problem:

Just created a hatch that successfully fills up my objects, but even though I have the 'scale' option selected for my stencil fill property, the hatch is not scaling. When I zoom out the whole hatch pattern merges in a black blob that really eats into the reframe rate.

I have attached the hatch pattern zoomed in:

And then Zoomed out:

Does anybody know what's wrong? And/or how to fix it?

And excuse me in advance for the most likely improper image attachment, first timer here.

Thanks,
Ian

iev60047

Just found this on Safari books online:

Designing a Fill Pattern for Scaled Drawings

When you're designing a pattern for use in a scaled drawing such as a floor plan, you'll get better results if you set the pattern's drawing page to the same drawing scale. If the scales don't match, Visio will try to apply the pattern anyway. A tiled pattern can end up looking like solid black. If the scale of the pattern is more than eight times larger or smaller than the scale of the shape you're applying it to, Visio ignores the pattern's scale altogether. Unscaled patterns stay the size that you designed them to be. For example, if you create an unscaled pattern that's 1/4 inch in height, when you apply it to a shape in either a scaled or unscaled drawing page, the pattern design will still be 1/4 inch in height. Issues of scale and pattern size don't apply when you design a pattern with stretching behavior.

So now the quick fix is to just change the pattern's drawing page scale. Probably should have done that in the first place.