Connector with colored numbers at both ends

Started by Decebal, September 28, 2017, 09:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

@Surrogate:  the formula you show has ";" ever place, and that doesn't work.  Plus, i don't see an "=" in cell.  Might you provide the formula that does work for you? 
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

It seems to be the same as in my repsose (#2) in this thread.

For this the stencil to work, the separator must be set to "." (dot).
In German (or Russian) it is "," (comma) by default, NOT dot.

So this is a language (locale) problem, as far as I can tell.
The stencil can be fixed to work with whatever local setting (but someone needs to put some effort to fix it).
I.e. to ensure the stencil works with whatever list separator and decimal separator are set to. It's not that uncommon to have something non-US there acutally.

You need to change the setting on the screenshot below for the stencil to work. Or use English (US) locale for your OS (this will change that separator automatically), or move to UK or to the USA :)
Just checked five minutes ago, it is still the same as six years ago.

Pleae note taht this may break other things on your system (i.e. it has effect on ALL applications in the system)

wapperdude

@Nikolay:  Thank you for the clarification.  It was a bit confusing as to syntax needed for the various language options.  Wanted to be sure it was clear for anyone checking this thread.  As indicated in my replies #7, 9, merely changing to upper case RGB works with same results as your above post shows.  I have no plans to change the delimiters on my system.
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

@wapperdude it was more to the guy struggling to get it to work actually..
Yes, changing locale is not a good idea but if one just wants this stencil to function that may be the fastest path.

Maybe @Decebal can improve it for us so that it works with any locale (decimal point separator / list separator) if he has some free time, wouldn't that be cool?

manifold1978

Hi all,
Have been looking for something like this for a while, so very pleased to stumble across this thread!

I'd like to understand how to build something similar from scratch.
I think with my current (limited) undersatnding of shape data I could figure it out, but one thing seems to elude me that this connector does...

It appears to be a group consisting of a connector and the coloured numbers.
If I make a group which includes a connector and anything else, I need to firsly click the shape, then sub-select the connector to move it's start and end points.
This example seems to jump right to the connector part.

Could anyone please give me a pointer on how this specifc bit of fucntionality works?
I feel like I can figure out the rest.

Thank you!
A

Yacine

Yes, instead of grouping the number shapes with a connector, you transform the connector itself first into a group, then you open that group and insert the number shapes.

In the Home Ribbon go to "Arrange", "Group", "Convert to group".
Yacine

Croc

Interestingly, searching for DECIMALSEP on this forum returns an empty result.

manifold1978

Quote from: Yacine on March 19, 2024, 10:15:31 PM
Yes, instead of grouping the number shapes with a connector, you transform the connector itself first into a group, then you open that group and insert the number shapes.

In the Home Ribbon go to "Arrange", "Group", "Convert to group".

Thank you!

wapperdude

@Croc: 
QuoteDECIMALSEP
... Not anymore.   :o   ;)
Visio 2019 Pro