Change shape appearance by using shape datas

Started by longo93, September 18, 2017, 11:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longo93

Hey there!

I have a question. I´m pretty sure all of you know that standard visio shapes which can change their appearance if u chose some specific shapes datas (e.g. that pump shapes, you can choose between different flowdirections or rotationdirections) and the appearance of the shape changed. Suddently their is another line or a circle or whatever. However my question is ...

How is it possible to create a shape like this ? I have a shape which is just a normal square. The name ist "Test" and their is the Prop named "Test" which is a fixed list with the two values "Hallo" and "Tschüss". How can i achieve that if i choose "Hallo" in my "Test" property a circle above the square will appear or a circle under the square will appear if i choose "Tschüss"??

I have actually no idea how to do this. I think its something magic with the geometry field in the ShapeSheet and the Geometry.NoShow field but i´m not sure.

I´m very grateful for every help! :)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english  :D

Stephan

Yacine

Hallo Stephan,
Visio's shapesheet is actually so powerful, that there is not one but many ways to make shapes with changing appearance.

Here are the most common and esiest ways to make such a shape.
1) create different geometry sections and have their NoFill and NoLine properties depend on custom properties.
2) create the different shapes to display. Group them. Get them displayed depending on custom properties of the parent. This article from Chris Roth should help you in hiding the subshapes: ( http://www.visguy.com/2006/09/05/the-hidden-world-of-visio-shapes/ ).

Viel Erfolg und frag wenn es nicht weitergeht,
Y.
Yacine

longo93

Super danke für die Antwort :) Ich schaue mir das morgen und übermorgen mal in Ruhe an und melde mich dann bei Bedarf nochmal. Vielen Dank aber schonmal!  :)

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Yacine