Several problems with new custom shape

Started by Hans83VT, August 09, 2017, 12:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans83VT

Hi there,

I'm a pretty new Visio user, so I apologize in advance if this stuff is obvious.  I've tried to search around a bunch but wasn't finding what I was looking for - maybe I just don't know the right terms.  Anyway, I'm trying to create a new shape for a wireless router by combining parts of the Microsoft-provided shapes for a router and a wireless access point.  I've got the shape assembled (copied and pasted elements from the original shapes, then changed what I needed to) but it's got some problems:

-When I drag the shape into a new document, I can then select individual elements of the shape and drag them away from the rest of the shape.  I've already added all of the pieces of the shape to a group, so I didn't think that would happen.  What do I need to do?

-When I apply certain themes, parts of the antenna disappear.  What's different about this part of the antenna that makes it disappear?

-When I double-click on one of the Microsoft-provided shapes like the router, it pops up a text field below the router that I can fill in.  How can I add one to my Visio shape?

I've attached my VSSX file.  It includes my custom shape (Wireless Router) and the two shapes I took elements from.  Any help you can provide would be MUCH appreciated!

AnotherNoOne

if you could attach a vss or vsd file, i could try to help you
Another_Noone

Just some weirdo on the Interwebs.

Surrogate

Quote from: Hans83VT on August 09, 2017, 12:46:36 AM-When I double-click on one of the Microsoft-provided shapes like the router, it pops up a text field below the router that I can fill in.  How can I add one to my Visio shape?
Yes, you can ! Just look at this animation...