DMM (Digital Multi-meter) Visio Shape

Started by YossiD, January 01, 2009, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YossiD

I'm looking for a DMM (digital multimeter) shape. Does anyone have such an animal?

Thanks

wapperdude

I've not run across any DMM shapes.  Fluke and Agilent don't have any.  Are you looking for hand-held or bench-top?

You could import pictures or create your own.
Visio 2019 Pro

aledlund

YossiD

I contacted Fluke and they were kind enough to send me a vector drawing of a DMM. I am attaching it in case anyone else has use for it.

I have grouped the elements of the selector dial together and it can be rotated to "select" the various functions. If I have lots of spare time I'll get the units on the display to change as the dial rotates.

The numbers on the display can be changed by adding or removing fill to the individual segments.

Visio Guy

For the lazy (like me), and since it is quite cool, here's a preview of that fluke digital multi-meter that YossiD attached as a Visio file in the previous post...
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

wapperdude

Hey!  That's great!  Hmmmm.  I have a bench top Fluke unit, think I'll see if they'll provide a drawing for that.  That is really cool.
Visio 2019 Pro

Visio Guy

On quick glance, the Fluke DMM looks like an import - probably a metafile or from SVG, nice to see that you don't have to start from scratch!
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

YossiD

It was a WMF. It ungrouped nicely in Visio and I was able to add color and group the elements of the selector dial so it could be rotated. Selecting all the elements of the dial without selecting other nearby and background elements was a pain in the derriere. You may recall that I posted a query about how to do that, and think I ended up sending some shapes to a different layer to get them out of the way.

Anyway, a fun learning experience and I got a usable shape out of it. Definitely beats using a JPEG.