Custom colour on arrow (or custom arrow shape) for connector line

Started by trej, July 16, 2017, 02:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trej

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to create a custom arrow shape that doesn't change colour if you change the connector line colour.

To summarise what I am trying to do is create a master dymanic connector shape with a blue line and black arrow.

I have tried looking at the shapesheet of the arrow and locking this and have had no luck using the guard command.

I wanted to ask the group as I usually spend weeks and weeks trying to figure this out potentially wasting my time as in the end it may not even be possible.

Thank you all in advance

Yacine

If the arrow head stays black, you can use custom line ends.

• draw your own arrow head as custom line end
  • to make sure that the line end stays black, use a slightly different black eg rgb(0,0,1). A pure black would be interpreted as "variable" colour, which the user can modify.
If you need arbitrary colouring of both the connector and the arrow head, you'll nead to set up a group.
Yacine

trej

Hi Yacine,

Thank you for taking the time to ready this and getting back to me. I guess I needed to expand further. My custom shape that I have made has lines in it which change colour when I change the colour of the connector. Is there a way to lock this by any chance?

Thanks

Trej

trej

Hi Yacine,

Disragard my post, I re-read the post and applied the same philisophy to the line colours.

Can you tell me though. What is better to use, the GUARD or THEMEGUARD commands in the shapesheet?

Thanks

Trej

Yacine

I've never used themeguard. John Goldsmith however has written a nice article about themes. You may want to have a look at it. http://visualsignals.typepad.co.uk/vislog/2013/05/visio-2013-themes-in-the-shapesheet-part-2.html
Yacine