Pan view to currently selected shape

Started by Anders, July 13, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anders

Is there anyway to ask to Visio (2010) to pan the view, and centre it on the currently selected shape on a page?

When I follow an off-page reference link, the view on the other page shows wherever it was previously left. It can be difficult on large pages to find the end of link I just followed.

Thanks, Anders.

Nikolay

You can try inserting a hyperlink ("Insert a hyperlink", it has a feature to focus on shape)

By the way, maybe somebody can tell what is the logic of this feature, how does it work exactly (focus on shape, that is)?
Means, how does it work?

As far as I understand, first, Visio centers the drawing, putting the target shape in the center (based on shape bounding box)

Then it downscales/upscales the drawing to some extent (so that the shape is "clearly visible"), or it does not?
How much does it upscale/downscale?  Does it do it always, or?

For example, what if I ask to "focus" on a "point" (a "tiny" shape)? Or on a line? On a big rectangle, occupying almost full screen?

Anders

Thanks Nikolay, I hadn't spotted this function on Hyperlinks. I see now that the off-page references function creates a link to the page, and not the shape. It's shame there isn't an option to have it create shape specific hyperlinks.

So, there's no keyboard/menu shortcut to simply centre zoom on the currently selected shape. But seems it might be possible via a macro Yacine, but I'm not quite clear how the one in your search results actually works?
http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=1771.0