Help for a new user :)

Started by DC-Chaos, July 11, 2017, 07:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC-Chaos

Hi guys,

I just moved into a new position at work and as part of this role I'll be using Visio.
IT installed it on my PC last week and I've been tinkering around trying to figure it out.
It's a little intimidating to be honest as many of its features are unique to this application and I don't really know how to use them.

Anyway, one of the first things I have to do is get all our process maps up to date with new company logo and colours.
The company has 3 major OUs and each one has its own set of process maps and related documentation.
One of the objectives is to try to get ours in line with the others as much as possible to move towards a global standardisation of our processes.
Most of the actual content doesn't need much changing but it's appearance is toally different to the others and I want to get them all looking the same.

So here's the issues I have....

-I have Visio 2016 and the version of the maps is 2010-2013. Can I expect any kind of issues with this?

-How can I apply the same settings, colours, effects etc. to all the shapes in my maps as the ones in the other OUs?
create a theme? I tried to save the theme of the other OU and apply it to mine but cant seem to do this. I found a tip in support which said theme shape effects had been removed as an option since 2013  :o
create a stencil? I worked out how to do this but cant apply the stencil to the already existing shapes.
It gives give me access to make new ones that look the way I want.

-There is an old logo in the background I need to remove but its totally protected from selection or modification.
How can I access this? I tried with the developer tab but had no success.

There are man more questions but for now these are the ones of most concern.
Any help is really appreciated!

AnotherNoOne

- With the task you´re describing you shouldnt have huge problems considering the 2016/13/10 differences
- Theres this button called "transfer format" (or sth like it, just me trying to translate microsoft terminology, sorry), with that you can transfer color, boldness, etc. of a shape to as many others as you want to
Button can be found in the "start" section, right below Cut/Copy
- maybe its on a protected layer? (check under start on the far right side, theres a drop down menu, called "layer", where you can acces the layer properties

Hope i could help, if not, ask again!
Another_Noone

Just some weirdo on the Interwebs.