Can't get text to edit

Started by Channain, August 03, 2017, 04:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Channain

I'm not sure if this is a Smart Shapes issue, but I have noticed things in the Shape Sheet that make me think it might be part of the solution.

We've been getting drawings lately with text boxes in them that are sabotaged for editing. Whenever we try to go in and simply change one character, a simple tap of the delete button to erase one character deletes the entire content of the text box instead.

We've seen this happen in block diagrams as well. An attempt to change text in one block of a six-block diagram eliminates all the blocks except the outer bounding block.

In the Shape Sheet, the Text Fields have content that indicate special formatting. In other files, these Text Field parameters are blank.

We'd like an easy way to turn this off. Thus far, our solution has been to recreate the blocks, or copy/paste it into AutoCad or a Text Editor and bring the text back into a new block, stripped of whatever annoying formatting is causing this issue. Recreation is taking a good deal more time than we can afford.

Yacine

Sounds like the shapes display field values.
You can edit the fields, but not directly the text.
Open the shape data window, select the shape to edit, change the values of the fields and the text should update just fine.
Yacine