Update Connector Text Based on Page Checkbox Selections

Started by tucsonfeuer, June 29, 2017, 09:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucsonfeuer

I have some connectors in my block diagrams that all have the same shape data set applied. I also have some checkboxes on the page, which I want to use to control what information is shown on those connectors. I.e., I want the connector text to update based on the status of those checkboxes. I'm open to other approaches, but the requirements is to have a user be able to easily click something that controls what shape data appears in the connector text.

There are multiple pages, so the name of the checkbox control is unpredictable (currently), so I can't hard code it.

For example, I have a connector with shape data: unique_id, name, and throughput. I have checkboxes for each of these. If I check "Name" and "Throughput", I want those to show, but not "unique_id". Those checkboxes are simply "checkbox1", "checkbox2", etc.

tucsonfeuer

I did a little more work, and one issue is that the text box I've grouped can't access the shape data of the connector (or group). If I want each text box that is grouped to show a specific property, could I create a specific user cell for that text box, and copy that data from the parent, somehow? A little beyond me; any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Side note, I don't want to copy the shapedata in whole to other textboxes; I might use unique IDs that I wouldn't want multiple shapes to have.