Cannot change color in Container header.

Started by Daviator, June 26, 2017, 04:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daviator

No matter what I do I cannot change the header color for a container in Visio 2010.
I have tried the following:

Right-clicked on the container and chosen Format > and UNchecked  Allow Themes
Right-clicked on the container's header and chosen Format > and UNchecked  Allow Themes

Then I right-clicked on the container's header and chosen Format > Fill and attempted to change the header color. When I hit Apply > OK, nothing changes. (see attached)

Thanks!

Surrogate

container consist off some shapes, which can be protected

Daviator

Thanks for the super quick reply!
So is my only way to change the header color to the color I choose is to ungroup it? This is the only way I could find to change the header color. But then I have to put it all back together and regroup it.

Also, why does MS provide the option to change the header color but then not do it? I.e. why aren't the menu items grayed out or at least a warning that the task could not be completed?

Nikolay

Normally the container color is changed the same way as color for any other shape (by setting Fill Color).
There should not be any problem (no need to unlock or protect anything). Please post the drawing

AnotherNoOne

The Themecolors are locked in numerous ways, it should be easier to create a similar Shape from scratch, than to try to unlock it..

I deleted every cell in the Shapesheet wich modified/locked the colors, and now you can fill it, im not sure wether it has lost some of its functions though.
Another_Noone

Just some weirdo on the Interwebs.

Nikolay

Alternatively, you can drop a new container (using "Insert => Container"), the standard containers are fine (you can change color without any issues)