Tab Index of Shapes

Started by JaiThyme, June 14, 2017, 01:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaiThyme

Hello all,

what I'm trying to do:
I have a project diagram template with a title page that basically mimics a form. The engineer has to edit those fields with the project specific information.

What I'd like to do is be able to move forwards through the fields much like a form

Currently I have a group of shapes laid out next to each other but when you try to tab through them it bounces all over the place. I've tried adding the shapes in the desired 'tab order', but visio doesn't seem to care.

Is there a way to set the tab order? or is there a better way to do this?

This cover page has to print for our field guys to work from, and the users filling out this page are not power visio users. I'm pretty sure they wish they could just .. not use Visio.

I've attached a 'sanitized' copy (removing company specific information) but the layout is the same. Yellow boxes are the fields that the engineer adds information to, white boxes are just label boxes.

I'm completely open to doing this another way if it's easier, frankly this format is one I inherited so I'm not married to it but the information has to be collectable for use on other pages as TheText data is populating other pages not included in this attachment

as for me:
I'm pretty comfortable with VBA and formula type stuff, though most of what I know comes from Excel.