News:

BB code in posts seems to be working again!
I haven't turned on every single tag, so please let me know if there are any that are used/needed but not activated.

Main Menu

How to Keep excel links in visio when you copy and paste

Started by popovichb, May 23, 2017, 09:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popovichb

I have no idea if this is the correct place to post but ive been searching and searching and i feel like ive just spun around and not moved.....

We currently have developed standard visio drawings for some engineering work we do.  The problem is i want to be able to keep the complete project folder and copy and paste it for every project.  So what i have is my visio drawing and the title block linked to the project information excel file.  So when a new project is created and they copy and paste the complete folder with all the information for the new job i want the visio file to always reference the parent folder and not the original.

the VB stuff is way over my head so any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Browser ID: smf (is_webkit)
Templates: 4: index (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 6: init, html_above, body_above, main, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), Post.english (default), Editor.english (default), Drafts.english (default).
Style sheets: 4: index.css, attachments.css, jquery.sceditor.css, responsive.css.
Hooks called: 134 (show)
Files included: 34 - 1306KB. (show)
Memory used: 1046KB.
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 13: 0.00148s for 26,766 bytes (show)
Cache misses: 2: (show)
Queries used: 16.

[Show Queries]