Web Page Search Arrows Inaccurate

Started by peter.soper, May 23, 2017, 12:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.soper

Hi,

I have just discovered exporting as a web page to enable my colleagues without Visio to view and search my map of assets. However, I notice that when I use the search function on the web page, the arrows are all pointing in the wrong place! They are in the right general area, but in no way accurate. The assets are shown as curved lines, so I would expect the arrow to point at the mid point or one of the end points, but they are not anywhere along the line. Searching in Visio is fine.

The image has several layers, but I am displaying all layers (is there a way of enabling/disabling layers in a web page??). I don't know if this might have anything to do with it?

I have searched this forum anbd internet but not found any ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Pete

Yacine

Yacine

Nikolay

It does not currently have search arrow, so wont help  :-[

Although latest veslrsion blinks shape,  may be okay

Yacine

Yacine

peter.soper

On the web page, if you search for an object, it temporarily displays a coloured arrow pointing at the  object. Really handy for spotting things in a complex diagram.

For some reason on my diagram the arrows point in the wrong place!

Nikolay

It actually depends on what kind of shape you have. The arrow is using "bounding rectangle".

Comparison:
http://recordit.co/ROFPK1hLUc

You can enable search it in too's settings:

Nikolay

Quote from: Yacine on May 23, 2017, 06:54:59 PM
What is actually a search arrow?

It's a gradient arrow "The sky is up there" :)

peter.soper

Nikolay, this looks really interesting. How do I get to the dialog box you show in your screenshot with the highlighted settings? I can't find it....

Nikolay

This is "settings" button on the tab:

peter.soper

Sadly I am unable to install any add-ins on my work computer, so won't be able to use your export feature - which looks perfect for what I want!

I realise now that the objects I am searching for are curved line connectors. The arrow is actually pointing at the mid-point of the lower edge of a rectangle drawn around the curve - so it is correct in a sense, but for my application visuall does not really work.

Thanks for your replies!

Nikolay

Quote from: peter.soper on May 24, 2017, 10:50:41 AM
Sadly I am unable to install any add-ins on my work computer

You should be able to (at least try) - it does not require admin rights (on the firs setup screen, click "Advanced", and then select "Install only for me"). Per-computer install is the default, but it can be changed.
It's done specifically to allow corporate environments (to install to user profile)