Need to add custom rows to Visio Org chart boxes.

Started by Shibi, August 07, 2017, 03:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibi

Hello All,

I just started using Visio about 4 days ago and am asked to complete a task for my company by end of this week (11th Aug, 2017).

Requirement is to create a map for the reports made by employees in the company. So I have created the Org chart, now I need multiple rows to be inserted into some org chart boxes (because say employee A, who is the "Report creator", might sent 3 reports to his boss, "Report Receiver", and so under employee A box, 3 rows containing data for each report should be there) where I can manually enter the report details and Link them to the "report receivers".

Questions:
1) Is there any automatic way to do the same(I have tried linking excel sheet...several versions...it has not worked)
2)If it has to be done manually, how to insert the rows were I can enter the data ?

Kindly answer / guide me as much as you can & as soon as you can !

AnotherNoOne

So, FOA:
You need to add rows of simple text below an existing shape? Then: just add a text field (ctrl+2)

If its more complicated than that, please elaborate your problem or (best option) add a visio file so people can help you easier (vsd, not vsdx, cause not everyone uses newer visio versions)

To just answer the questions:
1: yes, the easiest way in my opinion would be to use Excel and import the data via VBA or using the quickimport, but if that doesnt work,..
2:Just create Text fields or rectangles and write in them (connect them with connection points if you want them to stay locked onto each other)
Another_Noone

Just some weirdo on the Interwebs.