Fullfill a form

Started by bendesarts, May 05, 2017, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendesarts

Hello,

I have a form of a sheep which is empty inside. I would like to fullfill with blank color inside of the form but i didn't manage.
Can you try to fullfill this form ?
I attached the visio file.

Thank you for your help

RudySchneider

Visio can only "fill" a closed shape.  Your image is a pencil-like sketch of short, unconnected lines, with a few closed areas.

One thing you can do is to place the image in its own layer (name it "Background," for instance), then lock the layer.
Next, create a new layer (name it "Foreground," for instance), but don't lock it.
Now, you can use the background image as a reference to use for "tracing" an outline by adding and moving points in an already closed shape.
Once you're done creating the outline, you can fill it with the desired color.  Unlock the background layer, then select your traced image and move it to the back.
So now your original, "transparent" image should be on top of the filled, traced object.

Look here for more info:  http://www.visguy.com/2008/04/16/importing-images-as-backgrounds-for-tracing/
There are no problems, only opportunities

wapperdude

The alternative approach is to put this into a drawing program and do the fill there.  As mentioned, none of the Visio shape tools will provide a solution.

The attached is a quick result.  The shape is now a group consisting of the outline and the fill.  The blue is a separate, deleteable background to provide contrast.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

I also wanted to have a try ... mine is with only Visio tools. Yeah!
Yacine

wapperdude

@Yacine:  Nice!  I did look at that, but stopped pursuing after first fragmentation.  Obviously I gave up too soon.
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Had the same difficulties. Key is the surrounding rectangle.It lets you focus on the contour.  ;)
Yacine