Set drop target for container in list

Started by shunyun, April 24, 2017, 05:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shunyun

I've created some stencil shapes as standard Container and List.  See attachment. The Container ("Service") is supposed to be dropped into the List shape ("Capability"), then a standard shape ("Physical Application") dropped into the Container shape.  The end result should be a stack three layers deep; Physical Application inside of a Service, inside of a Capability (see picture, lower-right.)

The problem is that the List is greedy; new shapes dropped onto the Container shape get inserted into the List shape instead (see picture, lower-left.)

How do I make that Container take the drop instead of it's parent List shape?
Shunyun

Yacine

The easiest way would be to pull the 2nd level container out of the 1st level one, do the addition, then pull it back. But I guess that's not what you want to hear. Isn't it?
Yacine

shunyun

Quote from: Yacine on April 24, 2017, 06:01:56 PM
The easiest way would be to pull the 2nd level container out of the 1st level one, do the addition, then pull it back. But I guess that's not what you want to hear. Isn't it?
LOL, nope, not quite... that's my current solution.  Unfortunately, this has to be usable by partners and therefore drop-dead simple.  Thanks, tho.
Shunyun

shunyun

Quote from: Croc on April 24, 2017, 06:09:57 PM
Set msvSDListRequiredCategories, msvSDListExcludedCategories.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/office/ff959245%28v=office.14%29.aspx
Croc, thanks but that doesn't work with Lists, only simple Containers.  At least for Visio 2016 it doesn't.  Thought about that and tried but it just ignores the requirement when the List is the target.  Thanks, tho
Shunyun

Croc

Quotethat doesn't work with Lists, only simple Containers.
:)

Croc

Shunyun, when I tried to do this for the first time, I did not take into account that msvSDListRequiredCategories and msvSDContainerRequiredCategories are different fields. Maybe you make the same mistake.

shunyun

Yes, I configured them as two containers.  I'm able to make that behavior work with regular containers but it just doesn't work for List containers.  Were you able to make that work?
--correction, just saw the previous post with example!  I'll download and respond shortly...
Thanks, Croc!
Shunyun

shunyun

Ahah!!!  Thank you, Croc!  The two variables looked so much alike that I didn't catch that.  msvSDListRequiredCategories and msvSDContainerRequiredCategories!  That's the ticket!  Thank you!
Shunyun