How to Edit Name on Subsystem

Started by Mazipita, April 18, 2017, 03:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazipita

Quote from: RudySchneider on April 18, 2017, 06:49:21 PM
I've got 2013, and UML Case Study works fine. 

So help me understand.  Once you have the text highlighted as in your screenshot (Post #5), you can right-click OK, but selecting a different font or simply starting to type some new text does nothing?

Exactly...It does nothing. I have followed the steps you gave but no positive result :(

RudySchneider

So, lemme ask ya this...

Is this a NEW object that you dragged in from the UML Use Case stencil, or one that you copied and pasted?

Obviously, it LOOKS like you dragged it in from the stencil, but one never knows...

Then the next question is, is this a new Visio drawing file?  If not, any chance the page is protected?
There are no problems, only opportunities

Mazipita

Quote from: RudySchneider on April 18, 2017, 07:08:13 PM
So, lemme ask ya this...

Is this a NEW object that you dragged in from the UML Use Case stencil, or one that you copied and pasted?

Obviously, it LOOKS like you dragged it in from the stencil, but one never knows...

Then the next question is, is this a new Visio drawing file?  If not, any chance the page is protected?

It isa new object i dragged. It was not copied

it is a new Visio drawing file. I find it bizzare that i cannot edit the document title.

RudySchneider

Bizarre indeed!

Are you able to alter text for any other objects that you drag in fromthat stencil?

Mazipita

Quote from: RudySchneider on April 18, 2017, 07:38:24 PM
Bizarre indeed!

Are you able to alter text for any other objects that you drag in fromthat stencil?

Yes...I am able to add text to the objects. everythings is working fine except the renaming of the title

Paul Herber

Could you attach the file so we can have a look at it? (Or at minimum a file containing this subsystem shape)
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Mazipita

Quote from: Paul Herber on April 18, 2017, 08:01:49 PM
Could you attach the file so we can have a look at it? (Or at minimum a file containing this subsystem shape)

Attached is a sample file i just created. You will see i cannot edit the name option on tope of the subsytem object. Can you check if you can on your ssyetm onceu open the file.

RudySchneider

WEIRD!  I didn't have any problem editing that shape in your file!

Mazipita

Quote from: RudySchneider on April 18, 2017, 08:19:15 PM
WEIRD!  I didn't have any problem editing that shape in your file!

Coulthis problem be from my visio software?

Surrogate

Mazipita,

May be you have protected text in this box ?

Mazipita

Quote from: Surrogate on April 18, 2017, 09:00:15 PM
Mazipita,

May be you have protected text in this box ?

I did not..Is there anyway i can check if this is protected? I practically just got this software last week. Please help me cos i havent got much experience on visio

Surrogate

Select Developer Tab -> Shape Design -> Protection

This field must be unchecked

Mazipita

Quote from: Surrogate on April 18, 2017, 09:18:48 PM
Select Developer Tab -> Shape Design -> Protection

This field must be unchecked

Just tried it....Not positive

Nikolay

Quote from: Mazipita on April 18, 2017, 08:16:37 PM
Attached is a sample file i just created. You will see i cannot edit the name option on tope of the subsytem object. Can you check if you can on your ssyetm onceu open the file.

I also have no problem editing the "Name" label. You are double-clicking the Name label, not the white area, right? Maybe F2 will work for you? Or "Text" button? For me, all of the above is fine... no issues at all.

Maybe you have some unusual software installed?
Some Visio extensions/add-ins? Non-standard remote desktop or security software?

Also, you can always restart the computer... Good Reboot is known to solve 50% of the problems :)

Surrogate

Quote from: Nikolay on April 18, 2017, 10:13:33 PMMaybe you have some unusual software installed?
i have a lot of software installed :)