Automate checkbox

Started by migseye, April 18, 2017, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

migseye

Hey thanks for the help
I have been making great progress on my little project. I hit a wall today
In my template, I have a user form that has textboxes, comboboxes and checkboxes that turn on and off various layers for a wiring diagram.  The user can close the userform and edit no problem.
When the userform is reinitialized it will read the elements on the page created when the form was open and autopopulate the fields in the user form.  This way the form starts off as blank but if you are going back and forth to create more wiring diagrams you dont lose all your data.  I am able to repopulate the comboboxes and text boxes with the code below but can not get a checkbox to check automatically based on layer:

Code for toggling checkbox that is not working
If
Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Layers.Item(254).CellsC(visLayerVisible).FormulaU = "1" Then
            TVSpeaker.Value = True
        Else
            TVSpeaker.Value = False
        End If

Here is an example of re-populating a textbox and combobox that is working

TextBox Example:
HospitalName.Value = Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(1343).Characters

ComboBox Example":
            If Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Layers.Item(255).CellsC(visLayerVisible).FormulaU = "1" Then
                 KBSelect.Value = "Current"
            ElseIf Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Layers.Item(256).CellsC(visLayerVisible).FormulaU = "1" Then
                 KBSelect.Value = "Legacy"
            Else
                 CableSelect.Value = " "
            End If

metuemre

Hi migseye,

Assuming that your checkbox' name is TVSpeaker, the code should be like below;

If
Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Layers.Item(254).CellsC(visLayerVisible).FormulaU = "1" Then
            TVSpeaker = True
        Else
            TVSpeaker = False
        End If

migseye

I was able to solve this by moving my statement above the section where I define my drop downs.  For some reason, having this below would trigger the value being shifted even though no command was given.