Create Conceptual Website from Excel

Started by ronmcfarlane, November 29, 2016, 02:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronmcfarlane

I would like to take some state from a spread sheet and do create a diagram of a website

The date looks like this

Window   Parent Window   Shape
Home                              Home          Business Priority       Colour
Search        Home                  Shape 1                     1                    Blue
Menu        Home                 Shape 1                      1                    Blue
Tasks        Home                 Shape 1                      1                    Green
Menu 1        Menu                Shape 2                        1                   Green
Menu 2        Menu                Shape 2                        2                   Red
Menu 3        Menu                Shape 2                        3                   Red

A simple link of one page to another. Ideally I would like to use a different shape based on info in the spreadsheet. Also I would like to capture in the text some additional information like business priority and be able to set the colour.

This can be one way. That is generate from source data each time I update the spreadsheet. I can use the org chart template to sort of do it but I want to do it using the conceptual website template.

Can Visio analyses Single page website and ones that require a username and password to get to?

Thanks in advance