Fuzzy images when pasted into Visio

Started by gwideman, March 29, 2017, 02:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwideman

I encounter this problem in Visio 2010, and would like to know if there's a fix for 2010, and whether it's fixed in subsequent versions.

I see there's at least one thread here on the problem: http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=2257.0
... but seemingly no solution.  I see threads elsewhere, but no joy.

The issue is that images, such as screencaps, (or screencaps cropped in some other software like Irfan), when pasted into Visio become fuzzy, as though compressed, or poorly resampled.  This is super annoying when using Visio to annotate a screenshot, for example when creating instructions.

A sample is attached, which hopefully will not get molested by the forum software.

This shows a Visio window side-by-side with a Word window. Inside each document I've pasted the same image, a portion of a screencap of the Visio window. When pasted into Word, the image appears faithfully. When pasted into Visio, it's fuzzy. Compare, for example, the ruler markings of the enclosing Visio window with the ruler markings in the pasted screen caps. Also the fine text.

Clues?  Thanks, Graham

JuneTheSecond

I am sorry I cannot see any difference in your pictures.
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

wapperdude

Hi Graham,

Yes, I can c confirm that the Word capture is crisper. It's more obvious with the paragraph formatting icons on the left side of the two images.  It's unfortunate that you pasted Drawing 7 capture back into Drawing 7 and then captured again.  It's not obvious which is the import, hence, parts of both images look just fine.  The differences don't show until you compare identical regions that correspond to the imported images.  Hence, there are both, no differences and differences.

I'm on V2007 so can't help.  Just wanted to confirm that the differences did make it thru forum upload. 

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

gwideman

Quote from: wapperdude on March 30, 2017, 01:57:20 AM
Hi Graham,

Yes, I can confirm that the Word capture is crisper.

Thanks... though after posting of course I could confirm for myself :-).

QuoteIt's more obvious with the paragraph formatting icons on the left side of the two images.

That's certainly one obvious spot. I think the ruler markings are quite telling, and there are both vertical and horizontal examples.

QuoteIt's unfortunate that you pasted Drawing 7 capture back into Drawing 7 and then captured again.  It's not obvious which is the import, hence, parts of both images look just fine.

That was deliberate to make it clear that the pasted images of screen caps in the Visio and Word content areas could be compared to the original window.