Change Shape Size displayed on Size & Position Window w.r.t. Child Shapes

Started by joe31623, March 09, 2017, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe31623

How do you adjust the Width and Height of a grouped shape with respect to all shapes grouped into that shape?

The attached file illustrates what I'd like to modify if you click on each of the shapes:
Pump 1: you'll see one shape has a width equal to the maximum width of the child shapes' widths
Pump 2: you'll see one shape has a width significantly greater than the maximum width of the child shapes' widths.

If someone knows the solution to this problem in terms of Shapesheet parameters, that is best.

Visio 2010 if it matters...

joe31623

Update... I checked EVERY parameter on the shapesheets referenced in the uploaded document that contains both shapes and now I'm confused AND I need to solve this problem.

...I thought everything in Visio is defined or specified in a shapesheet somewhere.

joe31623

Update: The "Trim" operator under Operations on the developer tab will do it if you highlight the entire grouped shape.

wapperdude

The issue with Pump2 is that you used dynamic connectors to form to the two outer, vertical sides.  Replace those with ordinary line shapes and all will be well.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

joe31623

Thank you very much!

Very helpful.

I'm beginning to enjoy using Visio...