How to rotate multiple shapes with connectors?

Started by Yacine, March 04, 2017, 12:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yacine

When you select multiple shapes connected by connectors (not Lines) and rotate the selection, the connectors get distorted (cf attachment).
So I need to select the connectors one by one and reset them.
Is there a way of rotating such groups without having to rearrange the connectors?
Yacine

wapperdude

Yep.  That's a pain.  Haven't tried in ...oh, so long, can't remember.

As I vaguely recall, <cntl> + A doesn't work.  Don't recall if grouping all then rotate works.  I vaguely recall being able set connectors to don't re-route.  Not sure if that can be global, or individual based.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Yes, I think grouping works. (and ungroup afterwards).

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Paul Herber is alive and well!   :D

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Sure he is. Saw him helping on bug issues lately.

Grouping does not help. So I chose to reset all the connectors in the selection by code.

Public Sub unselectConnectors()
Dim shp As Shape
    For Each shp In ActiveWindow.Selection
        If (shp.OneD) Then
          If Not (shp.Master Is Nothing) Then
            If (StrComp(shp.Master.NameU, "Dynamic connector", vbTextCompare) = 0) Then
                shp.CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowShapeLayout, visSLOConFixedCode).FormulaU = "0"
            End If
          End If
        End If
    Next shp
End Sub

The code resets the routing setting of the connectors to reroute freely.
Yacine

Paul Herber

Seems ok here with flowchart shapes and dynamic connectors.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Yacine

Tried your example ... and you're right, well ... almost.
In your drawing the connectors are set to reroute freely and they behave well both when grouped and ungrouped.
Setting the connectors to never reroute showed the ugly artifacts (both grouped and ungrouped) as shown in my first post.

So my conclusion is that the connectors only need the right setting (namely to reroute freely).

By the way, I realized that my code snippet is superfluous, the command to reset the connectors can be added as is to the commands ribbon.
Yacine