Connecting Existing Visio Template and File to Excel

Started by bdinner, February 21, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdinner

Hi All,

I'm new here. I have built a report with a standard template that I am planning to reuse to create a large number of different reports. I am going to be exporting these different reports, which I have figured out how to do. However, I would like to connect the specific Visio report to its exported Excel file, so that when I change the Visio, it automatically updates the earlier corresponding exported report. (It is important that it is that specific file because we are connecting that file to a master excel file) Is that possible, and how do I do it?
Thank you very much in advance!

BD

Nikolay

Quote from: bdinner on February 21, 2017, 08:09:11 PM
Hi All,

I'm new here. I have built a report with a standard template that I am planning to reuse to create a large number of different reports. I am going to be exporting these different reports, which I have figured out how to do. However, I would like to connect the specific Visio report to its exported Excel file, so that when I change the Visio, it automatically updates the earlier corresponding exported report. (It is important that it is that specific file because we are connecting that file to a master excel file) Is that possible, and how do I do it?
Thank you very much in advance!

Hi!
Check out my backsync addin:
http://unmanagedvisio.com/products/visio-back-sync/

It does more or less just that - updates linked source from diagram. Quite easy to link with shape report (just remove the top header in the exported file, and then link back with the diagram). Free for personal use.