Need help creating a rack stencil

Started by dgomes, March 01, 2017, 03:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgomes

I'm looking for info on how I would create the following stencil for a server rack. Unable to find anything that makes sense, since I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. I've created tons of stencils but never a dynamic one.

The stencil you first place into your document starts out as 1 rack unit represented by a shape (already created the shape)
You can stretch it vertically to increase the rack units, each rack unit is represented by a copy of the original shape, stacking on top of each other
Each repeated shape (rack unit) also has an increment number, with 1 being at the bottom and the highest number at the top.

I know there's plenty of rack stencils that already exist but I need to create one in a certain style to follow the rest of the stencils I have created, so all documents follow the same design standards.

Thanks,

Surrogate

Hi, dgomes!

Do you know something about shapesheet™ feature ?

dgomes

Quote from: Surrogate on March 01, 2017, 04:05:45 PM
Hi, dgomes!

Do you know something about shapesheet™ feature ?

I believe I've used the shape sheet window to modify some text options, but not any more than that.

Surrogate

Please describe your rack master shape or attach your drawing ?

do you want create something like this master shape ?

dgomes

Quote from: Surrogate on March 01, 2017, 04:28:11 PM
Please describe your rack master shape or attach your drawing ?

do you want create something like this master shape ?

Something like that would be even better, I didn't know you could type in the number.
And my shape is basically just the rack column with numbers, no top or bottom (if you remove everything except the number column on your example).

Surrogate

Quote from: dgomes on March 01, 2017, 04:57:38 PMI didn't know you could type in the number.
yes, i change rack units count via shape data window. you need fixed list of rack heights or whole number in some range limits ?

dgomes

Quote from: Surrogate on March 01, 2017, 11:01:29 PM
Quote from: dgomes on March 01, 2017, 04:57:38 PMI didn't know you could type in the number.
yes, i change rack units count via shape data window. you need fixed list of rack heights or whole number in some range limits ?

The best is for it to go anywhere from 1 (default when placed in drawing) to 52 (maximum) rack units, with any number between those being valid.