DataRecord set in ListBox

Started by davidgon, January 19, 2017, 01:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidgon

How could I make a ListBox with all the information in a DataRecordset? I have tried listbox1.RowSource="nameofthedatarecordset", but it fails.

And Moreover, how could i filter that information? I mean, if my datarecordset has 10 rows and 10 columns, how could i add to my listbox only, for example, the rows 3,5,8 and the columns 1,2,3,5?

Thanks

wapperdude

Did you find a solution?  If you search the forum for Listbox, there are quite a few topics on this.

The following code snippet is taken from a prior effort.  It shows some syntax that can be used.  While the code is incomplete, it outlines the steps to create a listbox, format the column widths, add titles to the columns and then enter the data.  The specific case is attached.  The Visio file demonstrates searching a page and finding the connectivity to a selected shape.  The results are presented in a listbox.

In your case, you need to extract the desired data items, and then systematically add them to the listbox.

Dim Lindx As Integer                                                      'Listbox row counter
    Lindx = 0

'Initialize Listbox:  Definitions:  Userform = conLstFrm;  Listbox = ConList
    conLstFrm.ConList.Clear
    conLstFrm.ConList.ColumnCount = 4
    conLstFrm.ConList.ColumnWidths = "180;120;120;180"
    With conLstFrm.ConList                                           'First row is header info, Lindx = 0, column numbering begins with 0, not 1
        .AddItem
            .List(Lindx, 0) = "Title1"                                  'Note, replace "TitleX" with meaningful heading
            .List(Lindx, 1) = "Title2"
            .List(Lindx, 2) = "Title3"
            .List(Lindx, 3) = "Title4"                               
    End With
    Lindx = 1                                                                 'Set listbox row count to 1

'Populate the Listbox:  this would be inside some sort of loop. with Lindx incrementing.  The "data(N)" values have been previously assigned somehow.
      With conLstFrm.ConList                                 
           .AddItem
               .List(Lindx, 0) = data1
               .List(Lindx, 1) = data2
               .List(Lindx, 2) = data3
               .List(Lindx, 3) = data4
        End With
        Lindx = Lindx + 1

conLstFrm.show

Be sure to check out the other listbox posts.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

davidgon

I finally got a solution. In my recordset, I have an ID column. So using that ID I identify what rows do I want. Once I got it, I create a matrix with the rows. Finally, I use the property Listbox.List = MyMatrix to fill the ListBox.

It is not elegant, but it does work.

Thanks  ;D