Unlinking Shape Data Sets

Started by jmeeks, January 16, 2017, 10:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmeeks

I've been using Shape Data Sets to copy Shape Data from one Shape to another Shape.  However, after applying the Shape Data From the Shape Data Set that I've created from another Selected Shape on the Drawing, there obviously is a link between the Shape Data Set and the Shape Data on the inheriting Shape, because when I Delete the Shape Data Set, the Shape Data inherited on the Selected Shape I've applied the Shape Data Set to, the Shape Data on that Shape is deleted as well.

I've looked at the Shape Sheet of the Inheriting Shape and I see a Section which shows linked data (the data Labels, Types, and Values are blue), and I see another Section "User-Defined Cells where the Value of User.CPMSetList is the Name "test" (also blue) that I gave the Shape Data Set when I added the New Shape Data Set from the shaped selected in Visio.  I've played around with the Shape Sheet and if I delete the User-Defined Cells Section of the Shape Sheet for that particular Shape which has inherited the Shape Data from the Shape Data Set, the Shape Data still indicates it is linked (the Labels, Types, and Values remain blue), and I then delete the previously added Shape Data Set the Shape Data for the Shape isn't deleted.

Is there a method to "unlink" the Shape Data on the inheriting Shape from the Shape Data Set within the Visio application interface such that the Shapes Data isn't deleted when the Shape Data Set is deleted without having to go into the Shapes Shape Sheet and delete the User-defined Cells Section in the Shape Sheet?

Alternatively, is there another effective method to copy Shape Data from one Shape to another Shape that doesn't create a link, which isn't desired?

Thank you,