Outllook Journal: Advanced Visio Options

Started by mmulvenna, March 04, 2009, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmulvenna

One of the options on the VISIO Advanced tab is "Record Actions in Outlook Journal"

Does anyone know what is recorded and when it is recorded? 

Shape sheet changes, new shapes, vba changes? ??? ??? or are only file saves recorded?

Thanks in Advance
Mike

wapperdude

Hi Mike --

I didn't  pursue this any further, but, if you click the question mark at the bottom of the Options dialog box > Advanced Tab, help pops up this response: 
Record actions in Microsoft Office Outlook journal
    Specifies that your actions, such as editing a file, be recorded in Microsoft Office Outlook Journal.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

mmulvenna

Thanks, I already saw that, just wondering if anyone and more detail that that.

Visio Guy

Off the top of my head, I think that the Journal keeps a record of when you open a document and when you close it, among other things.

I suppose consultants could use it to get an idea of how many fifteen-minute increments they should bill their clients.

No idea if it records the time your PC was in stand-by, though ;)
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

mmulvenna

Thanks, i will have to do more research. I have opened made changes and closed and saved and no entry is made. When I have more time I will do some more research on it. When it does record an entry it saves the document in the journal. I am hoping to use this as automatic history of changes to the document.

Thanks for everyone's response.