One action with multiple SETF, possible?

Started by abssorb, January 03, 2017, 08:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abssorb

Hi,

I'm trying to make an action perform two things using a smartshape.  I'd prefer not to use a macro.
Searching on "multiple" is too broad, so I'm a little stuck

What I'm trying to do is have a shape labelled "Settings" where the user can choose a set of criteria.

This is a toggle.
Setting Prop.ShowSC changes the format of relevant shapes and highlights those that fit a criteria.
At the same time, an information box explains the highlighting, and appears / disappears with the highlights.

Both these work perfectly when set independently:
Actions_Row_2=SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]),NOT(ThePage!Layers.Visible))
Actions_Row_2=SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC),NOT(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC))

But what I would like is the two things to happen with one toggle. Something like this:

Actions_Row_2=SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]),NOT(ThePage!Layers.Visible)).....SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC),NOT(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC))

Where ..... is a syntax I'm unaware of.   Very grateful for your thoughts... :)

Surrogate

try syntax
SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]),NOT(ThePage!Layers.Visible))+SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC),NOT(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC))

vojo

as formulas grow more complex, you can break them

user.formula1 = setf(getref(<blaha>),<blah1>))
user.formula2 = setf(getref(<blahb>),<blah2>

etc

actions.x = setf(getref(actions.x.checked),not(actions.x.checked)) + user.formula1 + user.formula2 + <etc>

helps with debug

abssorb

Many thanks Guys,

I already tried the "+" and the result is partial, it's good to know I'm on the right path.

The Prop.ShowSC toggles perfectly though both states, yet the layer hides but won't toggle back.

abssorb

Actually I found the problem

This works on its own:
Actions_Row_2=SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]),NOT(ThePage!Layers.Visible))

But combined with the other via + I need to be specific with layer 7:

Actions_Row_2=SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]),NOT(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]))

So the final working line is:
=SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC),NOT(ThePage!Prop.ShowSC))+SETF(GetRef(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]),NOT(ThePage!Layers.Visible[7]))

Thanks again :)

vojo

in general, having multiple action buttons affecting a common cell is tricky
usually, its better to have actions set their own check marks....then in the common cell, look at all checkmarks
and decide what to do