Croc: Its a fixed offset off of geometry1.
If this was "gee, whatever formula you got, visio would translate to an overall relative" then it should be
either much longer or somehow much more to the east. the whole shape is 30mm high by 20 mm wide.
so scrambling 15 mm should make a big big difference. I.e it aint 0.98 vs 1.00
Nicolay: That would be fine IF there was a way to set default rows to absolute vs relative
In other words, I guess one must go into ALL rows before getting started and change to absolute.
Here's a thought, if visio sees an absolute reference (mm or in), automatically convert to absolute.
imagine the debug nightmare of the following:
loctoloc(pnt(<x>,<y>)) where x, y are absolute values from some if then else tree
With all the problems on visio 2013, it looks like MS is bifurcating users:
- casual, novices, etc = make visio more and more like ppt (simple drawings).
- intense, experts, etc = push them to other tools since it is still missing a lot for intense users
- 3d: euler angles vs quadraions (sp) that sketchup uses
- 3d: only translate geometry points...not control or connection points
- 3d: translation behaves differently if a group of shapes or a collection of shapes.
- user preferences: forcing one to create templates in order to save user settings (e.g. mm vs default in)
- start screen: quite the mess...
could have at least made all the images, fonts 20% smaller & why ask again if want create drawing
- panel layout: with format, props, shape dimensions, drawing tree, not much room to draw or debug ss
- format: try to transparent (say 50%), visio turns everything to same color
so loose the detail / got to do 1 by 1
- props: don't work at top level (ignores doc(1312))..only honors with child shapes
- themes: Still don't know what they solve since native visio is not shared with much with the ppt crowd.
- help: only helps novices...no list of rows, cells, function even in developer mode....got to use web.
- shapes: MS didn't solve the closed loop issue with parametric shapes i.e. closing elliptical arc based on UI
- I could go on and on...2003 had its quirks, but it was solid....2013 is not
Thanks though for taking a look at the situation.