Creating Cross-functional procedure with explanation text

Started by eva.reine@upb.lv, December 07, 2016, 06:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eva.reine@upb.lv

Dear All,

I am absolutely new in Visio.
Company looked for programm where to draw scheme based procedures and now we are testing Visio.
I have to make my first cross functional flowchart procedure.

User licence for Visio for now will have only persons who creates procedures, so after procedure is developed, it has to be saved as PDF so all company employees can acess it.

Here comes questions I need help with:
I would like to make that in next page of flowchart comes additional tex that explains all that is said in flowchart boxes. And I would like to make it like- user click the box and gets to the place in next page in document where box is described.

I hope I wrote clearly what I ment :)

Plese check if any of you could help me with this. I would be very, very thankful...

Best regards,
Visio new user Eva :)

wapperdude

You can add hyperlinks to each shape.  The link takes you to where you need to go.  On your document page, I would make a separate text entry (shape) target for each link.  That way you can go to a specific description.  Note, each description may have a link to return to main page.

Visio's help on hyperlinks is pretty good, plus forum has info.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

eva.reine@upb.lv

Hi!

This was a great help! Thanks! Text fields works, hyperlinks works too. I linked them to a specific shape.
In Visio all hyperlinks works, but when I convert to excel- they disapear.
Do you have any idea why?

wapperdude

This is one of those bug-a-boos with converting Visio to PDF.  Try searching the forum as there's been reasonable amount of discussion on this.  As I recall, one of the freebee converters does a fairly consistent job of conversion.  However, I think a single link per shape is all that you can hope for.

Here's a link that discusses the linking:  http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=4162.0

Found it, Paul Herber uses the following:  pdf995    http://www.pdf995.com/

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro