Combining 2 objects into one image & making the gaps between them transparent?

Started by wcngu1, November 30, 2016, 02:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcngu1

Hi guys =)

I just finished making a few nice icons using visio (i'm not sure if its supposed to be done this way but it works  haha

It basically is two objects to be combined into one. like in the picture below. One object is the image and the second is the Actual description e.g. a picture of a Forms and a second box that says Forms and Templates in text.

I'm hoping to combine these two to make one image but to maintain the transparency of the gap in between.  When i try to copy them together and move it to something like powerpoint it makes the gap between them white and not transparent like it should be as can be seen in picture 2. Ultimately I am hoping to transfer this image to Sharepoint intranet.

Is there anyway of doing this? or does visio not do this and maybe i have to resort to Photoshop or something else?

I tried to use online programs which sorta do it but its kinda rough on the edges and probably not idea (see how the gap between are blocks to show its transparent?

Thanks in advance guys =) I'm hoping its a really simple process and that i'm just being dumb and missed the obvious

wapperdude

Save your image as png...it should preserve the transparency.  If not,make the background some unused color, e.g., yellow.  Then when you say e as png, set yellow as transparent color.

Wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

RudySchneider

You need to save the image as a PNG or GIF.  Just make sure to specify that the image has a "transparency color," like white.  See below...

There are no problems, only opportunities

wcngu1

Quote from: wapperdude on November 30, 2016, 03:49:19 AM
Save your image as png...it should preserve the transparency.  If not,make the background some unused color, e.g., yellow.  Then when you say e as png, set yellow as transparent color.

Wapperdude

Thanks Wapper it worked perfectly =) thanks so much

wcngu1

Quote from: RudySchneider on November 30, 2016, 03:51:01 AM
You need to save the image as a PNG or GIF.  Just make sure to specify that the image has a "transparency color," like white.  See below...

Thanks Rudy your suggestion worked  =) very useful tip!