How to update intervals using data from excel in VISIO 2003?

Started by Veeseeo, March 23, 2009, 12:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veeseeo

Hi,

What I have done is -
-   added a divided timeline [scale in Hours] to my drawing
-   added a bracket interval to it [scale in Hours]
-   exported the data related to the bracket interval to an excel
-   linked the record exported above to the bracket interval

Now, I change the 'Begin' and 'End' values for the bracket interval in excel. Back in the drawing I select the bracket interval, right click and select the 'Refresh share properties' menu option to reflect back the changes to the interval that I have made in the excel. But for some reason it does not reflect the right times on the drawing.

Am I missing some steps here? Could someone pl help?

mmulvenna

Not sure but is this what you want..  This is from VISIO help

Set Visio to automatically refresh the data in a drawing
Open the drawing that contains the data that you want to refresh.
On the Data menu, click Refresh Data.
In the Refresh Data dialog box, select one or more data sources.
Select the Show this dialog box on file open check box.
Click Configure.
In the Configure Refresh dialog box, under Automatic Refresh, select the Refresh every check box, and then click the arrows to choose an interval.
Important   For the refresh to work correctly, make sure you select the correct unique identifier.

You need to choose a unique identifier for each table in order to refresh your drawing when the data in your data source changes. A unique identifier (or key column) should be a column that won't change. That key allows each row in the refreshed data to be accurately matched to a row in the data source that you are updating from.

Veeseeo

I am able to update/refresh the interval from excel data but the problem is it shows incorrect Start and End interval times.