Importing Data into Hyperlinks to link shapes to external office documents (w/BK

Started by mfilsht, November 06, 2016, 08:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfilsht

Hi,

I need to be able to import the data into shapes together with hyperlinks to local files (word, excel, powerpoint).  I can't figure out how to add the subpage and local file information from excel into Visio shape.

i attached a picture of what i'd like to have.

A shape that receives the data from the linked spreadsheet, and automatically displays the links to the bookmarks in local office files as specified in the spreadsheet.

Thank you so much!

Yacine

Linking directly to the hyperlink field won't work.
You can use a user cell to update the hyperlink cell once a certain custom data has changed.
user.update = setf(getref(hyperlink cell [check for the spelling please],prop.hyperlink)
Yacine

mfilsht

I think that this is what I actually thought of doing.  Where I import/link the custom shape data into shapes, and then the hyperlink fields "copy" that information using the formula.have formula's in them that reference the custom shape data.

Except that it doesn't work.  My import creates extra fields with the following prefix.  So hyperlink row references the old field. _VisDM_(fieldname)

Yacine

1) When linking to an external data source, make sure your custom data have the appropriate "Labels" set.
2) Here's the correct formula for updating the hyperlink field: "SETF(GetRef(Hyperlink.myLink.Address),Prop.Hyperlink)" - "myLink" is an arbitrary name for the link field.
I enclose a setup of 3 files (drawing, excel, file to link to).
This should be enough to get you started.
Yacine