Scaling Multiple Shapes at Once

Started by kdjohannes, October 26, 2016, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdjohannes

This may be a rookie question, but I wasn't sure if I was searching for the correct terms.
I created a process map but ended up running out of room for just a few shapes at the end. I selected all shapes at once and then resized the box around them to scale them down a bit. But now when I go to add a few more shapes to the map, they are the default size (this makes sense but not after I scaled the drawing down). So this there a way to make the default shape size change with the rest of the drawing? I.e I scale the drawing smaller or larger and then the next shape I add is the same size?

I wouldn't mind if there were sizes of shapes like sizes of font. I could just select the correct size (either a number or s, m, l) and they would match. But I have no idea what "scale" they are at currently.

Thoughts?

wapperdude

Rather than selecting all the shapes and shrinking them, change the page scale factor.  This will be "global" for the page.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

kdjohannes

That worked! Had to play around with the # of inches and had to get it back to the normal scale of 1:1 but it ultimately did the job!

Thanks!

vojo

playing with page is a "relative" size scaling approach.
For example, if you want to copy the drawing into powerpoint, then changing visio page size wont help

for absolute scaling...group all shapes and adjust group width and height.
fonts don't autoscale (unless you want to get slick in shapesheet)...so may have to tune them up.

kdjohannes

I didn't change the page size if that was what you were referring to. I changed the scale.  From 1:1 to 1:1.2 or something similar (can't remember).

If I scale how you described, by grouping or selecting all shapes, then when I go to add a new shape after scaling, it is not the same size but the larger default size (if I scaled down for example).