double subscripts in visio

Started by Mo_ba, October 22, 2016, 10:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_ba

Hi

I need to make double subscripts in visio. for example, I want to write xi2, in such away that "i" be the subscript of "x", and "2" be the subscript of "i"?
I can't use equation editor or math type, because I am using a font type which is not supported by them.

Please help me with this as. It's urgent.
Thanks.

JuneTheSecond

Font position.

You  can find that in Font window opened by clicking very small icon at under right in the Font group in the Home tab..
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

Mo_ba

Hi June

Thanks for your help. But I want to have a double script like the picture I have attached.  I can not create it by changing font options such as font spacing, etc. I'm using visio 2016.

I want to write this variables in shapes. Because I'm using "Cambria Math" as the font of variables in the text, using equation of word 2013, I can't use math type in visio.

appreciate assistance here.

Thanks.

wapperdude

Visio doesn't have that capability.  Best work-around would be to use math editor, then try
1)  copy / paste or
2) screen region capture and paste or
3) check math editor for export options

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Could you make the 'i' the normal font, the 'x' a superscript and the '2' a subscript?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Mo_ba

Quote from: wapperdude on October 23, 2016, 02:24:39 PM
Visio doesn't have that capability.  Best work-around would be to use math editor, then try
1)  copy / paste or
2) screen region capture and paste or
3) check math editor for export options

Wapperdude

Thanks for your good points. As I copy/paste the visio shapes into word, these options make the equations obscure.

Mo_ba

Quote from: Paul Herber on October 23, 2016, 03:52:29 PM
Could you make the 'i' the normal font, the 'x' a superscript and the '2' a subscript?

No, I can't changes the order of indices.

wapperdude

Oh, you're making a Word doc.  I was thinking that you'd paste the formula into Visio.

Not sure what you want to do.  Word has a lot of features for text routing around inserted objects.   Word forum should provide more help.

Wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Mo_ba

Quote from: wapperdude on October 23, 2016, 07:59:38 PM
Oh, you're making a Word doc.  I was thinking that you'd paste the formula into Visio.

Not sure what you want to do.  Word has a lot of features for text routing around inserted objects.   Word forum should provide more help.

Wapperdude

Thanks.

bendesarts

In fact i manage to do this by using mathtype with visio.
Mathtype is compatible with visio.
The only issue is that Mathtype works better with visio 2010 than 2013 for me. With visio 2013, there were some display issue.

Mo_ba

Quote from: bendesarts on October 24, 2016, 09:34:57 PM
In fact i manage to do this by using mathtype with visio.
Mathtype is compatible with visio.
The only issue is that Mathtype works better with visio 2010 than 2013 for me. With visio 2013, there were some display issue.

I'm using mathtype in visio, too. But my problem is that mathtype doesn't support the font "Cambria Math".