How to label connector using excel import

Started by Enabler, October 20, 2016, 01:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enabler

Hi Guys,

Am preparing a complex network and landscape diagram and using excel import there.

1) Each entity/ application is labeled with required name/  id etc and using data graphics to represent these as standard and linking with apps/ entity  -> This is working perfect

2) In another tab in excel,  I have the interface defined i.e.  From entity A to entity B there is interface and mentioned name/ text/ remarks  to be mentioned on the connector for this interface in one of the column.  Is there any way that I can import these remarks/ text for each interface rather typing manually by linking them.   Adding a data graphic there put the remark on connector line and does not come  usual way connector is labeled

Appreciate assistance here and inputs here .......thnx   

wapperdude

QuoteAdding a data graphic there put the remark on connector line and does not come  usual way connector is labeled

Care to share the usual way that you're expecting?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Enabler

Usual way is to add text to each connector in Visio. Whilst trying to link interface from excel sheet and interface remarks should come over as linked. Any ideas....

Quote from: wapperdude on October 20, 2016, 11:44:44 PM
QuoteAdding a data graphic there put the remark on connector line and does not come  usual way connector is labeled

Care to share the usual way that you're expecting?

Wapperdude