Creating line junctions and branch/split points

Started by Bee5, October 14, 2016, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee5

I am creating a water process flow diagram, and there are several places where the water lines join or split. I would like to represent the split or junction with a circle. This is available in the Process Engineering Tab, under diagram options, and you can select a a shape for your branches, but when I tried to do this, it did not work. I have attached what I would like to happen (small circle at junction/split, which I 'forced' onto the line by choosing a begin arrow type that is a solid circle), and what is currently happening (the diagram option for circle at pipe split is making a HUGE circle).

metuemre

See the attached file. Copy the small circle and paste on your drawing and then delete it. It will be added to the document stencil with the name "Pin".

After that select the "Pin" shape in diagram options and try it by splitting a pipe.

Bee5

Done, it worked! Thank you again!  :)
But how did you do it? I would really like to know, in case I would like to create my own junction/branch shapes in future (varying shapes and sizes). Please can you give me a few bullet point instructions on how to do this?

metuemre

You can use anything from the document stencil as a splitter. Try something else to see it.

Put a pump or valve or something else from a stencil to the page. Then delete it. Then select it in the diagram options as the junction shape.

Process Engineering template has special codes running behind the scene. You can use Event Monitor to see what is happening on the background.

Bee5

Ok, thanks.
I tried to recreate your splitter, but mine did not come out like yours, please see the difference in the below attachments. How did you get your splitter to sit exactly on the branch, mine sits slightly below the branch?

metuemre

Bee5

Please see attached. I showed the shape on its own (a dot that I make as a stencil, stencil name is 'splitter'). I also showed what happens when I branch a connector.

metuemre

You need to delete all the connection points from the Splitter shape

Bee5