Mimic crane movement - which control point is leading!?

Started by Noisy Cricket, October 06, 2016, 04:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisy Cricket

Hi Wapper,

Making the sheet is for fun, application is work related.... best of both worlds?
Just can't  get the control points to do what I want them to do because I don't understand them.
Also haven't worked with "in the neighbourhood"-VBA code (spatial neighbours?) but it's good to know there's always more to learn :)

Also looking to see if anyone could code something similar easily in Java or other app-like browser enabled piece of software to avoid having to deploy visio shapes (not everyone has visio in our organisation)

wapperdude

As bit of encouragement, and, perhaps, a starting point for further development, the attached Visio file has 3 controls: raise / lower boom arm, rotate boom arm, raise/lower hook.  Also, 2 macros:  one to attach load to the hook and one to release the load.  The macros will only work for side view as written, but can be modified to do the other views.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Noisy Cricket

Suppose a "setf" pushing pinx/y to the endx/y of the crane wire would also work to connect?

I'll have a look soonest because right now it's...... WEEKEND! (and time for bok bier!)

And 4 nations rugby starts tomorrow :)