Visio Section Limit

Started by aklobem, September 21, 2016, 10:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aklobem

Hi all,

I've just got this error message - Error 340, during the insertion of an addition section, that there is a limit of 230 geometry sections. 

Is there away around this?  I'm trying to see if I can collapse the number of sections in the document, but it's looking like ~1100 geometry sections.

Are there other limits that I need to be aware of? Where are they described?

Thanks in advance

Surrogate

Wow, how you create so complex shape ?

aklobem

Hi, I'm looking at linking this to a CMDB, and the shape is one part of the representation of content. 

If I do break it down to different shapes, is there a way to link the shapes up so they are aligned?

Thansk

Surrogate

aklobem

Hi, ahh sorry, Yes - we're pulling data from our CMDB, and adding objects, but there is a need to create a shape/symbol that links them all.

Yacine

Hi Aklobem,
you should indeed consider drawing individual shapes.
Advantage: they are much easier to handle and you can even put some "shapesheet smartness" in them.
To link the shapes, align them by code and you may think of putting them in a group.
Yacine

aklobem

Hi,

Ok thanks, I'll give that a go, do you know if there is a list of the limits in Visio?  I'd like to test that we're not about to hit one inside the code generating the XML document. 

Yacine

Not to my knowledge. But it should be very simple for you to generate a routine that tests the limits as far as number of shapes and so on is concerned. Isn't it?

You could also upload a sample showing how the diagram has to look. We may give some advice.
Yacine