Coarse Shape Scrolling

Started by wapperdude, March 16, 2010, 02:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

I know that holding the shift key down allows "fine" scrolling of a shape via the arrow keys.  At least in previous versions of Visio -- haven't tried 2010 -- ribbon-phobia.   :o

Is there a way to do just the opposite?  Hold a key and obtain a "coarse" scroll?  Sometimes, it would be nice to select all shapes, and then move them on a sheet using the arrow functionality.  But, that gets to be tedious for long shifts.  It would be nice to be able to hold a "tab" key and then use the arrows to jump the objects at say 5X the "normal" shifting increment.

Might be too late for existing Visio products, but could still go into V2010. 
Visio 2019 Pro

aledlund

I would suspect that v2010 is pretty much etched into stone. They are however taking notes on whatever may come next.
al

Visio Guy

Hi WD,

Just hold down the Shift key while dragging. Your selection will be constrained to move in the X or Y direction, but you can "scroll" as coarse as you want!

Nudging is intended as a fine tuning of gross movements. I would guess that dragging shapes is the "coarse" movement you want in the first place...unless you hate using the mouse! (which you have to do a lot more in Visio 2010, I might add...)
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010