Can I make my text box as big as my shape?

Started by nellthe, August 25, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nellthe

I am making few big organization charts that barely fit the A3 format, when i print them its rather hard to read them. I made my shapes as big as I could without runing my charts flow. But since text box is only around 70% of my shapes size it would be awesome if there is an option for text box to fit my shape size since it would solve all my problems instantly.

Thank in advance.

wapperdude

70%???   Typically, the textbox width is closer to 95%.  That seems unusually small.  Have these been modified?

Anyway, I think you're asking is there a global setting...no, there isn't. 

The closest to a global setting would be to edit the shapes in the Document stencil.  These represent the local masters for your file.  You have edit these manually.  You can change the textbox size using either the Text Block Tool or going into the shapesheet.

Note, the textbox width is driven by a formula, editing the width will clobber the formula.

Wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

nellthe

Well, if there is not a global option , then there is not help really. Since i have around 30 charts with around 70-80 boxes/shapes in each.

Ill attach 2 pictures for you to see that its closer to 75% than 95%, I have not edited anything just used standard Organization charts shapes and removed titles. In one of the pictures you can see what happens when there is more text than box it pushes it to height rather than trying to fit it with witdth aswell.

miless2111s

can you edit the shape on the page using the "test block" tool - once you've got it as you want copy the shape....

Does look odd though - out of the box my org chart boxes have text area that fills the width.

Regards

Miles