Custom Shape prevent size from changing

Started by jeffreypmc, August 04, 2016, 01:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffreypmc

I am very new to Visio.  I have Visio 2013.

I have created a custom Stencil with one custom shape.  When I created the shape I made it 84" x 43", but when I use that shape in another project is come in 673' x 372'.  How do I make my shape so that is stays the size I made it?

Thanks

Jeff

wapperdude

This is called antiscaling.  There are a couple off formulas you need to add to the shapesheet.  See http://www.visguy.com/2007/08/21/text-resizing-with-shapesheet-formulas/

This is not restricted to text resizing.

There's also this link:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa201736(v=office.10).aspx

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

jeffreypmc

I have tried applying what is in the two articles you sent me, but no luck.  I feel like I am overlooking something simple, but I don't see it.

I have created User.AntiScale DrawingScale/PageScale.  Shape still comes in the wrong size.  Do I need to re-import my new shapes or something?

Thanks

wapperdude

Hmmm.  Think I misinterpreted what you meant by stay same size.

When, you did original shape, did you set the scale to something other than 1:1?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

jeffreypmc

I am more basic than you think  :).  Very new to Visio.  I just created a new drawing using English Units.  Made  stencil with a shape (furniture) 84" by 24".  When I add my new shape to an existing drawing I want it to show up as 84" by 24".  It shows up as 300' by 600'.

So to answer your question, I don't know what scale was used for my shape or the drawing I am placing the shape in.

Thanks

wapperdude

New is good.  My problem is I don't have V2013, so can't give you specifics.

Go back to drawing where you made the 84x24 shape.  Look for the page properties.  Somewhere it should give  a scale factor, e.g., 1" = 8".  What you don't want to see is something like 1:1 without any units.  If it is 1:1, simply change to 1" = 1".  Re-save your shape. Re-save template.  BTW, do you mean template or stencil?  Anyway, that should fix the scaling issue.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

jeffreypmc

Got it.   In 2013 it is on the ShapeSheet.  PageScale was set to .125 ft and DrawingScale was set to 1 ft.  I change so both were 1 ft.  Now it is working great.

Thanks for your help.