Clickable object linking in Visio?

Started by edjin, August 01, 2011, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edjin

Is it possible through the native tools within Visio, any version, to make objects clickably linked, or associated, or dependent upon one another?

I'm not sure how best to describe this idea.... other than to have the objects be used as navigation.  Say for example in a largish network diagram. Being able to follow the path from object A to object B then object C just through mouse clicking.

I'm trying to come up with a way for my diagrams to be usable by other people as somewhat of a roadmap or visual troubleshooting aid.

aledlund

Those links/relationships would have to be previously defined and then programatically accessed.
al

miless2111s

Quote from: RogerC on August 17, 2016, 02:51:01 PM
Wouldn't this simply be done using Visio's native Hyperlink feature? 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-a-hyperlink-271fb2a8-4081-47db-a333-487315c05085#bm1

This certainly works, though the focus isn't placed onto the linked item it moves it to the centre of the screen so is pretty clear.  Just to build on this to make it easier - if you enable the developer tab there is a button "shape name" so that you can copy the name of your target shape to avoid typos.