Author Topic: Print Sizing and Layers  (Read 2149 times)

HIGHfiguy

Print Sizing and Layers
« on: July 28, 2016, 12:41:57 PM »
When starting a drawing, am I stuck with what ever the initial page/drawing size are set to, or can I take the same file and print it out at both 7x11 and 24x36? Also is preserving visio layers at all possible when printing to PDF or converting natively?

RBeatse

Re: Print Sizing and Layers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:27:25 AM »
For the second question, I use Acrobat Pro and when installed, it adds a new ribbon menu that has a Convert to PDF on it.  That function has options to flatten diagram or preserve layers. Preserving the layers this way works great and I use it multiple times a week. I believe the same function lets you dictate the size of the pdf that is created.

HIGHfiguy

Re: Print Sizing and Layers
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 06:34:54 PM »
Huh. My Adobe won't allow me to import and convert a .vsdx file. Says type not recognized. Would love to see how that well the resolution would hold up. For some reason print to pdf = the same quality you see while the files open in visio. Where as converting to pdf = potato. That's Visio converting though. Print to pdf does the same thing with you setting the size and scale. Does not give the option for layers though.