Print Sizing and Layers

Started by HIGHfiguy, July 28, 2016, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HIGHfiguy

When starting a drawing, am I stuck with what ever the initial page/drawing size are set to, or can I take the same file and print it out at both 7x11 and 24x36? Also is preserving visio layers at all possible when printing to PDF or converting natively?

RBeatse

For the second question, I use Acrobat Pro and when installed, it adds a new ribbon menu that has a Convert to PDF on it.  That function has options to flatten diagram or preserve layers. Preserving the layers this way works great and I use it multiple times a week. I believe the same function lets you dictate the size of the pdf that is created.

HIGHfiguy

Huh. My Adobe won't allow me to import and convert a .vsdx file. Says type not recognized. Would love to see how that well the resolution would hold up. For some reason print to pdf = the same quality you see while the files open in visio. Where as converting to pdf = potato. That's Visio converting though. Print to pdf does the same thing with you setting the size and scale. Does not give the option for layers though.