Copy and Paste Issues

Started by blackout376, July 18, 2016, 05:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackout376

So I work with visio 2013 on pretty much a daily basis.

To make a long story short I've run into a bug: When I try to use ctrl + c to copy a shape and then use ctrl + v to paste it onto another page, visio no longer pastes it into the exact same location it was at on the original page.

Things I have tried to fix it:
-Closing the drawing and reopening
-Closing the program and reopening
-Installing updates (had some pending)
-Restarting computer
-Shutting off all visio related services and then reopening the program

Things I have not tried:
-Reinstalling visio 2013 (IT manager is out of the office today and I don't have the software readily available to try a reinstall.)

Hoping one of you has a solution to this random and obnoxious problem.

JuneTheSecond

Quotevisio no longer pastes it into the exact same location it was at on the original page.
As far as I know Visio used to paste it on the center of the view of the window.
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

blackout376

Visio 2013 has never done that. When you use the ctrl + v command to paste something on a new page, it is supposed to paste it in the exact same location it was in on the previous page, given that the page measurements are the same.

RudySchneider

According to the Visio 2013 SEARCH results for "Paste," Ctrl-C and Ctrl-P should work as you describe, pasting the copied object in the same location on another page.  It works that way for my version of 2013.  Ctrl-C and Edit-Paste will paste it in a different location.

Are you certain the page setup --- size, margins, etcetera --- is set up identically?  Have you tried doing this on a fresh file, or doing a tab Duplicate, then copy and paste between the two (identical) tabs?
There are no problems, only opportunities

wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

blackout376

QuoteSee this earlier, related topic:  http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=7339.msg30879#msg30879

Not quite the same issue but the same fix may work...just wish Microsoft would get their shit together and fix what is most definitely a program breaking bug.