Auto-Duplicate Shape Text to Other Shapes

Started by TheHeroGothamDeserves, June 13, 2016, 10:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHeroGothamDeserves

Hello everyone, I could use a little help to determine if the following is possible.

Objectives:
Primary Objective: Duplicate a shape's text to other shapes automatically. In other words, if the original shape's text is changed, then it will automatically updated for all other shapes that reference that shape so that they all display the exact same thing. 
Secondary objective: Can I then take all these shapes (the primary and all its referencing shapes) and group them and make them a part of a stencil as one shape. Ideally, these will be stacked on top of each other with the first shape being the primary, and all the hidden ones still referencing that primary shape.
Alternative objective: If I cannot get a shape's text to automatically copy to other shapes, is there a way (using ShapeSheet) to copy one the primary's shape data fields (ex. an ID field) to the other referencing shapes specified data field? Preferably while still abiding by my secondary objective.

The point of this is that I need to show that multiple rows of an excel data sheet associate to one shape. Currently, I can only get one row to associate to one shape. With multiple shapes on top of each other, I can then (at least visibly) tie multiple rows to a shape.

I appreciate any thoughts or assistance on these objectives!

JuneTheSecond

Text field and protection to text editing in following shape may be one of the way.
Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/